Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Perfection nonsense

Is it just me? Am I the only person not living a perfectly choreographed, painstakingly organized, poshly decorated, and professionally photographed existence?

Ok, I'll confess, I have a few favorite blogs I enjoy reading. It's my "adult conversation" in this empty house after the boys are in bed. But after a week of my internet being down and then feeling like I needed to "catch up" on all my "friends", I felt like I overdosed on blogs a bit. After peeking in on the pretty parts of people's lives (let's face it, that's what we put out there for everyone to see), I had to chuckle when I opened my fridge to see this mess!

It instantly took my mind to two bloggers' recent refrigerator posts--one in which the author was given an amazing new state-of-the-art fridge and another in which a different author was extolling the virtues of her fridge organizing skills--everything neatly tucked into sleek tupperware storage beauties.

Let's just say, that is SO not my life right now! Here you'll find two week old chicken leftovers, groceries still in the bags hastily tossed in to stay cold between grocery shopping and a quick trip to the library, and containers of creamer balancing sideways.

Enjoy!

And for all of you who used to think I was a perfectionist--NOT!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Patty said...

LOVE it! I think I may have to start posting one UNattractive scene from my home each week. Oh my, which one out of the many will I choose?

A friend of mine recently told me that, "A messy house is a sign of a life well-lived." I'm holding to that!