Saturday, November 12, 2011

Belated birthday pictures

Here is Ian with his tenth birthday cake. I agreed to let him have a big "friend" birthday party instead of our usual small family get together since this was his big 10. He chose a Minute to Win It theme, complete with loads of fun games for everyone to try. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Ian asked that people donate money toward providing a water filter for a needy family through Samaritan's Purse instead of bringing him presents. He was so excited when he found that enough money was donated for TWO filters, plus two broods of chicks. Isaac surprised us both by emptying his piggy bank for the cause. I'm so proud of the giving heart I see growing in this boy. Ian is an eager helper and has a sensitive heart for others. He is such an encouragement to me with his kind words and grateful attitude. I love you, buddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Laura, what a cool cake :)

c