Monday, February 11, 2008

Exotic Seafood




First, a disclaimer to David: I was planning this post before I read your crayfish post from tonight!

My brother (the above-mentioned David) is frequently posting pictures of his children eating things like squid. He claims they actually beg for them. Of course, with a dad that eats goose-webbing and other such delicacies, the apple cannot fall far from the tree. A few days ago it was a picture of Johnny cutting into a nice big steak. I must ask "Have these parents never heard of mac-n-cheese or hotdogs?"

And so not to be outdone, tonight I prepared octopus for my children. However, I will probably remain outspent, as I could only afford the "artificial" octopus--a carefully cut hot dog--atop a pile of what else? Mac-n-cheese. About 99 cents a box (37 if you spring for the generic version like me!). Find it in the pasta aisle at your local grocer. No trip to Jungle Jims or some deep sea fishing vessel required!

We love you, Uncle David, Aunt Julie, Johnny, and Andy!

3 comments:

DBarton said...

Hey, you can say what you want about being outspent... Our squid dinner is purchased at our local Meijer (grocery store) and costs a whopping $3.00!

We love you too. :) I bet your package of hotdogs, carrots, and oranges add up to the same! of course, you balance it with fruit and veggies!

Nice job cutting that hotdog. Pretty impressive.

Laura said...

I stand (somewhat) corrected! : )

But by shopping at Aldi, I fed both boys for under $2!

Laura said...

P.S. I'm not in any way condoning the nutritional value of said meal. See my next post for my excuse.