Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy 38th Birthday, David!






My brother is one of the greatest men I know. And yes, I'm going to be mushy and sincere about this. He has the gift of being able to tackle a serious issue with strength and wisdom, efficiency and confidence. He's one of those guys that is just great at everything. And yet he also enjoys life to the fullest, whether it's playing hard with his boys, entertaining several nephews on his back or in his arms, travelling the world and sampling all sorts of cuisines, riding 100 miles on his bike to raise money for leukemia and lymphoma research (before we knew how mom would benefit from that), or going down a slide on a sheet of waxed paper at 100 miles an hour! We've laughed, cried, and "gabbed" together so much in our years together. I'm blessed to call him my brother, and thankful that he is also my friend. I love you, David! (and I'm glad you survived your fall from the ladder the other night! Ouch! I notice you ran to the ER when all your engineering calculations failed you)

No comments: